Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To Do {list}: Public Speaking

This week is an exciting one! In addition to my usual client work, I have two unique engagements.

1. Guest critic at VCU’s Department of Interior Design. Tomorrow (Wednesday) I’ll be giving feedback to Rob Ventura’s studio for their final project. I’ve critiqued his studio’s work in the past and absolutely LOVE participating in academia. There are some talented designers in that program for sure!

2. Guest speaker for the Melanie Finley Ovarian Cancer Foundation’s (MFOCF) Blue Hydrangea Tea Party fundraising event this Saturday in Philadephia. Many of you know that I was diagnosed and treated for ovarian cancer in 2010/2011. I’m cancer free now and thankfully came out of the whole experience financially unscathed (a rarity). I have MFOCF to thank for helping me pay many of my medical bills. Hopefully my story will motivate others to donate to the Foundation this weekend.

Next goal — public speaking to groups about organizing!

No comments: